If you are a science nerd like me, then all experiments are exciting whether you are a kid or an adult. But these simple and fun science experiments for kids will educate and entertain your kids for hours and hours!
We strive to create science experiments that are safe and easy for kids of all ages, but we still highly recommended that an adult jumps in to enjoy the fun and provides some supervision during these simple science activities.
Science Experiments For Kids
- Grow Gold Overnight Experiment– Kids will love this golden twist on the classic borax crystal making experiment!
- Tornado Experiment– Tornadoes can be very scary and dangerous, but this fun tornado in a jar experiment makes it very easy to teach kids about tornados in a very simple and not scary way!
- DIY Lava Lamp STEM Experiment– Watch oil, water, and Alka Seltzer tablets react in a colorful and dramatic way inside your own homemade lava lamp!
- Plants and Sunlight Experiment– Observe the growth of a new seedling and watch how the plant grows towards the angle of the sunlight!
- Apple Tree Magic Paper Towel Experiment– Amaze your kids as apples magically grow on a tree when paper towels are placed in water!
- How Do Penguins Stay Dry Science Experiment– Let kids use their creativity to color a penguin and then learn how the waxy crayons repels water in a similair way that a penguins waxy feathers repel water!
- Frozen Lava Lamp Experiment– A very cool twist on the classic oil and water lava lamp experiment!
- Fireworks In A Glass– Explore this safe way to illustrate fireworks inside the comfort of your own home!
- Magic Blooming Flowers– Make mom some magical blooming paper flowers for Mother’s Day or for any special occasion with this creative science activity.
- Pumping Heart Model DIY Science Activity– Make learning about our bodies hardest working muscle fun by using household materials to create a pumping heart and valve model.
- Exploring Absorption– Let your kids create some art on coffee filters using different types of crayons, markers, paint, etc. Then sprinkle with water and watch the absorption process before your eyes!
- Preschool Garden Science Experiment– Find out what climate plants will grow and thrive in the most! Will plants grow better in the arctic, the ocean, or the tropics!?
- How To Make A Compass– Explore the Earth’s magnetic field and build your very own compass that will tell you wich direction you are facing!
- Pop Rocks And Soda Science Experiment– Inflate a balloon on top of a bottle of soda when pop rocks are added to the drink! The chemical reaction releases Carbon Dioxide that escapes into the balloon!
- Wind Experiment | Make A Pinwheel– A great activity to teach little ones about the power of wind in a fun way!
- Leaf Chromatography Experiment– Learn all about the different pigments in leaves and what makes leaves change colors in Autumn with this hands on activity!
- Walking Water STEM Activity For Kids– Use the power of capillary action and watch different colors of water travel through paper towers to create a dazzling rainbow effect!
- Color Changing Milk Experiment– This is a great, easy, and safe experiment to do with your kids that will make lots of smiles and hopefully no spilled milk!
- Simple Soil Science For Kids– Kids love to play in the dirt, but there really is alot more to dirt than just dirty hands and messy floors. Discover what soil is made of in this cool soil testing experiment!
- Homemade Butter In a Jar Experiment– This is a perfect kitchen activity for those little ones that need to get some wiggles out! They will have plenty of time to shake their ingredients up in a jar to make some tasty butter!
- How to Make Snow With Baking Soda– The kids will love playing with this snow, and the best part is that you don’t have to go to the hassle of bundling them up to go outside!