From powering a light bulb enough to light up a room to making zombies rise from the dead, these Static Electricity Experiments will have you and your kids fascinated with the mystical power of static electricity!
Even though some of these static electricity experiments are holiday-themed, you can really use them any time of the year to teach the kiddos some super cool science!
Static Electricity Experiments
- Flying Elf– We all know that Santa’s reindeer can fly, but how about we make an elf fly with this fun experiment!?
- Light Bulb Balloon Experiment– Did you know that you can illuminate a light bulb with the static electricity from a balloon!?
- Jumping Frogs– Charge a balloon with static electricity and watch paper frogs jump up to the balloon!
- Help Daddy Balloon Grow a Beard– Use the power of static electricity to grow a pepper beard on a balloon face!
- Static Hair– We can’t forget about this classic static electricity experiment that will give you a bad hair day!
- Halloween Zombie Activity– Raise the dead with this spooky static electricity experiment!
- Christmas Science Experiment– Can you make Santa’s Sleigh fly by using static electricity instead of his reindeer!?
- Balloon Static Electricity Experiment– Make a variety of kitchen ingredients float and stick to a statically charged balloon!